Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Meanwhile, off the coast of Alki...


...I haven't been able to get the song out of my head since I watched this video. So basically this post is a selfish attempt to transfer the annoyance to the next reader à la Mark Twain's Punch, Brothers, Punch. (What? You haven't read it??)

As a semi-responsible blogger, I feel I should provide some context for this video. If for no other reason than to offer it as minimal restitution for getting the cursèd song stuck in your head:

In a post in the comments thread of an August 2 story in the West Seattle Blog, Diver Laura describes how the Alki "Junkyard" came to be so named: "At some point in West Seattle History folks decided to dump things there, like old computers, car parts, washing machines, bathtubs, toilets, etc." Sadly, the area has experienced a recent spate of do-gooding and the last few years have found philanthropic divers not only removing the detritus for which the area is named but also adding "neat enhancements."

That's enough.

I'm exhausted.

3 comments: