Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fon Do Scenes: Episode 4 - Lost in Translation

Bill Murray can say more with the barest innuendo of the slightest movement of an eyebrow than most actors can say in a 5-minute POTUS speech.

Confusion, frustration, humor, despair, exhaustion, jet lag, Murray runs the gamut of emotions. All of them... with [brilliantly understated] intensity.



I'm not saying that this happened. But it's possible that one evening in my 25th year, alone with a bottle of Bordeaux, I spent over an hour filming myself in a recreation of the Suntory commercial. There were many takes involved. The director was insane and incomprehensible. Ultimately, it was rejected by StoryCorps.

P.S. If it won't spoil the relaxing time, you can read the lost translation of what the director is really saying. There's a lot of ecstatic emotion and tenderness involved. I'll be honest, that's basically impossible...except for Bill Murray. Bill Murray can do anything.

2 comments:

  1. If this recreation did in fact happen, the glob will double your salary if the video is posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll toss in a bag of jelly beans.

    ReplyDelete