Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Igby Goes Down: Agreed

Found Movie Review

I discovered this partial movie review while sorting through some papers, at work of all places. Its placement in the notebook in which it is recorded reveals that I began writing it approximately 3 years ago. I know this because the next page contains a list, written by a friend who visited from Michigan - yep, you guessed it - 3 years ago. This list consists of meals he was willing to prepare in exchange for the time he crashed on my couch. There are check marks next to: Mexican Feast, Baked Chicken, and Pizza. Why this list found its way into a notebook at work, I have no idea. But I'm almost certain that it is quite a boring story. I do remember regretting that we opted for Baked Chicken instead of Mexican Feast though. End of digression. On to the review...

Review of Igby Goes Down

by Three-Years-Ago Paige

Thought-provoking only so much as to cause one to wonder, for several minutes after it ends, why it was made.

And yet, "Two thumbs up!" rave Ebert and Roeper on the DVD jacket. "One of the best films this year!" agrees CNN. Such exclamatory praise! But altogether questionable.

The most redeeming, and I use the term loosely, quality of this film appears (in all places!) in Jeff Goldblum's performance. At once avuncular and prurient, his character, D.H., is downright creepy.



Well, that's it. That's all I wrote. There's sort of a wavy line that slants from the last period down to the bottom right of the page, leading me to believe that it was at that precise moment that I passed out from boredom, overindulgence of Prosecco, or both. Probably both.

Unfortunately, after reading this review of mine, I'm strangely curious and intrigued. I don't remember the movie that well or why I despised it so much. And now I feel like watching the movie again. WHICH MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!!!!! NO SENSE AT ALL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Save that piece of paper. When Fondue becomes even more famous than it is now, that paper will be like finding an old doodle pad of Pablo Picasso.

    ReplyDelete