Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tip of the Day

It looks really odd and borderline creepy if you have a framed picture of your spouse/significant other on your desk and it's only them and nothing else in the picture. Double whammy if it's a professional photo. Think of John Candy's picture of Marie that he carried with him on his shower curtain ring sales trips in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Granted, she was dead (spoiler?) but still....is it that tough to find a photo of both of you, or at least throw in the family pet? You see him/her every night, do you need to gawk at their mug all day at work? Worse yet, do you have the photo up just to make him/her feel good when they drop in for a surprise visit to the office?
A couple weeks ago, I witnessed a man taking a picture of his wife at Washington Park in Portland, and I stepped in to offer to take a picture of both him just so he could avoid this very calamity of which I speak. I was quite proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mike:
    Recently I found a picture of me sitting at my desk located on a coworker's desk. What I mean to say is that the picture wasn't just of me at my desk; it was a picture of a picture of me at my desk on my coworker's desk. Then I realized that it went even further and was a picture of a picture of a picture of me at my desk on my coworker's desk. My questions are: 1) Who is lacing my coffee with LSD? and 2) How do I get rid of the winged staplers that are flying angrily around my cubicle?
    From: Seeking Help In Tennessee

    ReplyDelete