Monday, August 6, 2012

Mars, Martians, and Curiosity



I’m hopeful that the Curiosity Rover’s landing on Mars last night will help to usher in an era where Martians are once again the frequent  and preferred subjects of books and movies. I feel like zombies and vampires have worn out their welcome. I think deep down we all realize the vampire fad ended the second Kristen Stewart cheated on Robert Pattinson (sniffles). Zombies got annoying once the hipsters got their grimy mitts on them and started writing books like this. I liken the zombie fascination to the pirate craze of the early 2000s, it was funny for a day or two but subsequently just irritating.

I realize that if Curiosity stumbles upon life during this journey, it will look more like a lawn weed than a giant-headed, ray-gun-toting monster, but I’m ready for the Martian revival!


No comments:

Post a Comment