Friday, August 10, 2012

War Horse: I Lost the Battle

As I was saying several posts ago about putting Oscar-nominated movies on hold at the library...

After five months of languishing in the queue, I found this one on the shelf waiting for me the other day. I wasn't really that interested in this movie to begin with, but I thought, why not, right?

I'll tell you why not.

Twenty minutes into this movie, I had to take pity on myself and stop it. Just stop it.

Steve, what the f%$k, babe!

This movie was so melodramatic, I felt like I was watching the parody skit that Saturday Night Live must have inevitably made based on this film. I mean, my words cannot possibly adequately describe the hammy saccharinity of War Horse. So I won't even try.

However, I will say that the horse is a terrible actor. Mr. Ed does a better job of emoting. Hell, the cat that died and was turned into a helicopter by his owner demonstrates more emotion as it propellers its way around the yard. And that cat is dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment