Friday, May 3, 2013

UFO's! Lobbyists! Politicians! Religion!

This article made me think about several points that I felt like blabbing about.

There is a UFO advocacy group? And they are actively lobbying politicians??? I'm pretty excited about what could come of this actually.

The article states, "When asked about the fact that he was compensated for his participation in the hearing, Gravel says it did not influence him to agree with the testimony." Of course he would say that. A politician would never admit they were fighting for a cause simply because they were paid by a lobby/advocacy group. They can't think anyone would believe this statement can they?

This goes to show, politicians will shill for absolutely anything for the right price. If I started a lobby to blow up the moon, and gave a senator a million dollars, there's no doubt in my mind there would soon be a debate about how important the moon really is, and what dangers it presents.

In general, I am a believer in UFO's. A very skeptical believer, but a believer nonetheless. I have heard a few stories first hand, and it generally seems somewhat believeable to me. I'm not 100% convinced by any means, but I don't dismiss it out of hand. Why is it that almost all of the sightings are in remote areas? If I were travelling to another planet, I'd want to take a look at the more populated areas. Heck, just by accident you'd think one of these UFO's would fly into New York, or Beijing.

I find it humorous that people who claim to be absolutely, without a shred of a doubt, convinced that their religion is unequivocally true, yet scoff and snicker at anyone who might believe in the existence of UFO's or alien life. Believe in neither, believe in both, even believe in one more than the other, but I find it contradictory to believe so strongly in religion while questioning the sanity of someone who believes in the possibility of UFO's. An argument could me made that the existence of aliens is actually significantly more plausible.



2 comments:

  1. Clearly the answer is Scientology with its particular brand of UFO-based theology... There wasn't really a question though.

    Thanks,
    Jesus Christ, Superstar.

    P.S. This post is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not ready to Cruise into Scientology just yet.

    Thanks for the kind words, I'm be no means the star of this blog, but I need to make sure I'm not just a waste of space.

    ReplyDelete