Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oblivion: The Tom Cruise Test


  • Is the main character named Jack?
  • At some point, does Jack reminisce about a great moment in sports history?
  • Does the soundtrack sound like Vangelis on steroids? 
  • Is there a scene that seems to exist solely for the purpose of making the audience watch Jack ride a futuristic motorcycle through a futuristic landscape set to futuristic Vangelis-on-steroids music? 
  • Does Jack soliloquize to such hackneyed excess throughout the film that you question how the screenplay even made it into production? 
  • Is there a smoking hot, tall female character in love with Jack? (Trick question: That's almost every movie in Hollywood. The real question is: Are there two??) 

If you answered "Yes" to most of these questions, you are probably watching a Tom Cruise movie.
If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions, you are definitely watching a Tom Cruise movie.

Oblivion is a Tom Cruise movie.

In case you weren't sure...

Hi! I'm Tom Cruise! I'm on a motorcycle. I ride motorcycles in movies. Look at me! I'm standing on this motorcycle. I'm Tom Cruise!!
Via

2 comments:

  1. One more question: was there running involved?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. There wasn't any running that I can remember. Now I'm beginning to question if it really was a Tom Cruise movie at all.

    There also wasn't any dancing. Very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete