Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's Resolution of the Week: Be a Better Listener

In response to my most recent post, I received the following fan mail:
Dear Paige,

I was really looking forward to the first FMR post of the year. Some friends and I went so far as to make wagers as to what the post would be about. I'll be honest, that's how we spent our New Year's Eve. Anyway, I finally see a post come up today, and it's about Gerard Depardieu? Now don't get me wrong, it was funny, and I know Mike is a bit of a Frenchie, but couldn't you have come up with something more... festive?

Thanks,
Nan R., Minot, ND
Nan, thanks for coming forward with your concerns. That takes courage. I can't speak for Mike, but I reward and look kindly upon your kind of pluckiness. I want people to feel they can let me know when I have failed them. For your bravery, you receive a special picture.

The Fluorescent Light Above My Desk
I spent 20 minutes staring at this after reading your letter. Why?

I don't know. I guess I was just bored.

I hope that answers your question.

1 comment: